Wednesday, September 21, 2016

~In Sickness


~Yarn Along: I have just a quick post today, I've been snuggling with a sick baby for the past few days, and spending my evenings cuddling him close. There truly is nothing I'd rather be doing than holding him and making sure he knows that I am there for him when he feels so absolutely miserable. It's hard to juggle much of anything else when you are bed, pillow and comfort to a toddler, so I managed to finally start reading the new Harry Potter. I was worried the whole "play format" wouldn't interest me and would distract from the story, but I don't notice at all. I can't wait to get back to this one and see how it ends. And I'm really drawn into the development of the relationship between Harry and his son, so much depth there. I haven't had much knitting time, and what little I've managed has mostly been for work, but I did get some time this past week-end to work on my Pippi Socks. I had to rip back on the Speckled one, because I made the foot portion too long (bye bye heel flap, heel turn and gusset, boo hoo!), but, this gave me the chance to put both socks on my needles and I'm now working through the Gussett, knitting both socks at the same time. We'll see how long these take now! Hope that you all are healthy and happy. What are you reading and knitting? I'm pretty sure I'll be looking for a new book in the next day or so......

Happy Knitting,
~Jessica

1 comment:

karen said...

hope your little one gets better super fast and you do not catch the bug and you have lots of time to knit !!