Wednesday, September 28, 2016

~Yarn Along: What is rest?

~Yarn Along: Wow! That week went by fast. The days really do seem to blur together when you are tending to sick littles. Thankfully they all seem to be better, and it didn't pass through every member of the house, but it is most worrisome when it is the littlest of the littles that have fevers. It definitely caused things to slow down a bit, and I was content to make my focus their comfort, and spend lots of time cuddling, if only that also translated into peaceful sleep all night, but I'm glad that I was able to keep an eye on them, and those scary fevers, even if it seemed like an all-night event at times. Thankfully that seems to be done with, and so now we are back to high-energy, non-stop, finger-painting everything selves.....I've seen "Teaching From Rest" recommended by many homeschoolers and mothers that I know and respect, so after putting it off for a bit, I finally ordered myself a copy. I have not made it very far in this book, yet, by I have a feeling it is going to challenge me and if I am willing, help me to make some very necessary changes to our school days. Rest is definitely something that I need to find, and find it fast! I had a little bit of time to work on my Dockside Cardigan this past week, I've even managed to knit for several inches past the sleeve split, yay! I've got some work to play catch-up on this week, but hopefully I'll get some time to add some more length to this one soon. The yarn, Swans Island Natural Colors Merino Worsted is so lovely, and soft.
Before I go, I want to make sure that you know about the SHARE KAL, I'm honored to be running another Charity KAL, this Quarter, the Charity that I'll be supporting is SHARE. Once again I have partnered with The Fiber Seed Yarn Company, which I am happy to announce, will be creating a custom colorway just for this KAL. I'm hoping to have pre-sales of the pattern open on October 1, and the KAL will officially start on October 15, which is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Make sure you sign up for my newsletter (check the upper right corner to fill out your information!) so that you don't miss out.
On a lighter, happier, note, did you catch Turtle Power! Pow! my new Tee that I released yesterday? Isn't he cute?

No comments: