Goodness! I was away for a bit there, wasn't I? It's just that time of the year where we are just so distracted and pulled in so many different directions. It can be all good things, and all fun things, but, nevertheless, busy is busy. I had a HUGE deadline that I was scurrying right up until the last minute to get finished ( a Great opportunity, but still a lot of work! I cannot wait to share this one with you, sometime next year......). I have one last work thing I am hoping to get finished up this week, and then I have some fun little patterns that I want to work up over my Christmas break. We'll see if that happens or not. I'm really just planning to enjoy my family, some family time enjoying the season and sleeping! (Along with more cooking baking and tea partying, I love having a little girl who loves to play dolls and invites me to her tea parties).
I came across a book the other week on Amazon that absolutely made me giggle- "The Artist in Me: An Incredible and Hilarious Journey with America's Premier Ballet Company" by Tim Dryden. I had one of those Buddy the Elf moments- Tim Dryden?!? I KNOW HIM!!!! I know his wife, his family, I've baby-sat his kids, celebrated Holidays at their house, I KNOW THIS STORY!!! I remember many years ago Tim telling me about this idea he had for writing this book- and thinking that sounds so cool, I'd love to read it. And now I am. This book is just perfect for this crazy season- It's funny, sweet, and full of hope, and it's a great reminder of the Artist who orchestrates the beautiful ballet of our lives. Yes, definitely, read this book! We are reading "Unwrapping the Gift" as part of our family devotion time every evening. It's kind of funny because the Dryden's are the ones who introduced me to the whole concept of the Jesse tree, and I remember after participating in one of their devotions thinking, I want to make this one of my family traditions. I was so excited when Ann Voskamp's book came out last year, but did not get it purchased in time. I made sure to get a copy early this year and we have so enjoyed it over the last few weeks. It's just perfect for reading with little kids and it also makes adults think too. Love books like that! It's just a beautiful book with lovely illustrations.
I'm still knitting away on my Ginny's cardigan, I've at least made it passed the ribbed border and I've worked several repeats of the Owl chart. That's good progress. I need to wind another skein of yarn before I can knit anymore, but I'm not letting myself wind yarn until I have finished knitting the last sample piece I need to finish before the end of the year! It's good motivation.....or pure torture.
Well, I better run, but it was lovely to catch back up here with you all!
~Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment