Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Yarn Along ~ Thankful Garden Thoughts




Hello Knitters!

Super fast post this week- lots of cooking, cleaning and last minute work stuff to get done. I'm sure you understand completely, right?
This week, we've been reading lots of Fall and Thanksgiving stories- all the kids seem to gravitate towards these books- Pete the Cat is always a favorite (especially with the First Grader) and this one is no exception. Even baby likes to read this book, we just have to be careful as he also likes to pull the flaps a little too enthusiastically.....Little Critter is another favorite character and this book is a hit with the toddler. Molly's Pilgrim has been enjoyed multiple times by the older set and has tied in nicely with several of our other school lessons from this year.
I had some knitting time this past weekend, snuggling with a sick baby, and so it was only fitting that I work on a cardigan for him! I'm knitting on the Little Oak sweater (I made the Gnarled Oak for myself several years ago and it is one of my favorite sweaters). This project fits so well in the #SecretGardenKAL over at Little Skein in the Big Wool. The color is 100 Acres Wood, and the sweater is perfect for a garden outing, and matches the cover of my book so nicely! I'm hoping to start working on the wrap from the Secret Garden Kit over the Holiday. It's all ready to go. I ordered the Charlotte's Web kit the other week and it's already arrived! I can't wait to unpack it all and share it with you.
Well, I better run, I have some potatoes that nee mashing.......

Happy Thanksgiving knitters and friends, I'm thankful for all of you!
~Jessica

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jessica, I have a question about a wonderful pattern you designed that I found on a free site called Stitch & Unwind. The pattern name is "On the Wings of a Prayer". I'd like to teach this free shawl pattern to a group of 10 women in February. I would not be paid to teach and I would give you credit for the design of course. Could you email me please? debbi1219@yahoo.com Thank you, Debbi Russell