Wednesday, December 30, 2015
~The Artist in Me (and an almost completed sweater!)
I hope that you all had a lovely Holiday season and that you are enjoying the time spent with loved ones! I truly hope that you are finding some quiet time to enjoy whatever makes you happy and fulfilled and that you are ready for the coming year. I just wanted to stop by quickly to share my #yarnalong for the week, I'll be back soon with a longer, more detailed post, no worries!
I'm working on the last bits of my Owl Cardigan from The Unofficial Harry Potter Knits. I cannot wait to get this one of the needles (especially since I've been drooling over it since the magazine came out and I've spent so long picking out yarn and than waiting to get work all caught up!). This has been a truly enjoyable knit, and for the most part, one I've just been able to sit and knit and not have to do "work" on- I did make some tiny modifications (mainly knitting the buttonbands just a wee bit bigger, as I like my sweaters to be just a bit looser, especially while nursing), and I only came across one area that might be a tad confusing to newer knitters, but it was nothing that you couldn't reason out without too much effort, which I appreciate when I am knitting someone else's design, it's not like other sweaters where you REALLY have to work at figuring it out to get your knit finished. I'm also finishing up Tim Dryden's "The Artist in Me." I LOVE this book and do not want it to end. It is a truly delightful, inspirational read and I'm so blessed to know the Dryden's! Definitely check it out, you will not be disappointed.
Well, that's all for today, make sure to catch up with Ginny's blog to have even more Yarn Along fun.
~Jessica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment