~ I used the downtime over the Holiday break, mostly over New Years, to get some progress made on my lovely Secret Garden Shawl. This one truly is a labor of love, but is so worth it! It's one of those knits that I can work on when I have absolute peace and calm, and can focus, but the knitting is stunning, and really works your knitting skills as well. I know this one will take awhile, and that's ok. It's not something I can knit on everyday, but it is worth it and will definitely be a lovely keepsake. I have plenty of other relaxing knits around the house that I can pick up and work on whenever I get a moment to spare, and if that isn't enough, I have plenty of work knitting that is keeping me busy and my needles clicking (like the little glimpse of a new shawl pattern up in the corner, it's in some stunning Lolo Did it yarn in her color ways inspired by Breaking Bad, I originally purchased just the Pinkman color, because I might just be a bit of a fan of the Pinkman.......but I couldn't stop thinking about a design that also used the Heisenberg color, so there you have it!) I finished re-reading The Secret Garden, so I picked up a newer book that I found at the Scholastic Book Sale, Counting by Sevens. It's supposed to be a young adult book, and I wanted to preview it before letting my oldest read it, and so far it looks like a book that might be better to set aside for a few years. I'm not very far into yet, and haven't made any decisions about it yet. It's a different read, and not exactly difficult but I'm just not that thrilled by it yet. We'll see. How about you? How is your knitting and reading coming along this week? If you are looking for a new knit to cast on (there's something about a new year that just begs a new project, isn't there?) might I suggest checking out my Just Be Held (which is on sale for $2 off regular price through Thursday January 7, 2016). I really love this one and hope you do too!
Photo by Anne Podlesak for Stitch Definition.


3 comments:
Absolutely lovely!
Beautiful shawls!
I'm surprised that Counting by Sevens is considered YA. I read and enjoyed the book but I'm much, much older!
Post a Comment