Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Yarn Along ~ the Sky's the Limit


It's Wednesday again,  funny how that happens! Every week, it rolls around. We've had a lovely week over here, learning lots about Egypt (we are currently focusing on the art and culture during Ancient Egypt) and just starting a Science Unit on Water (today was learning about the three states of matter and what makes water unique in relation to that). My first grader continues to amaze me with his reading and listening skills. He is such a joy to teach. And the littlest littles are exhausting every last ounce of my creativity to keep them occupied during school. I just picked up a new Usborne Activity book at a friend's online part the other week, so hopefully that will help some, and I just keep trying to get baby to nap during the more demanding aspects of school. It's more likely that he will be on top of the table playing Playdough with the first grader, but I'll take it.
It's been a busy week of knitting, but when isn't it? I'm almost done with a new sweater design that I cannot wait to share with you. I'm thinking it is a definite "pumpkin patch" must top, and trying to figure out a trip to a pumpkin patch for photos (and to have fun with the kids getting pumpkins as well, of course!). I'm also working on a new shawl design, which is just so comforting and soothing, and the yarn is lovely (Anzula Luster, you should definitely find some and knit with it!). I also got an idea for a piece that I just had to have knit up, so I started it on a Wednesday and had it knit up by the weekend (you can see just a bit of it peeking up at the top!). I love how it came out and cannot wait to figure out what I want to do with it- lots of potential with this one.
I actually took some "me time" to knit the other night, so I got to work for a mere minute on my Mythos Cardigan. I've finished one sleeve and just cast on the additional stitches for the body portion. Still an enjoyable knit and I'm still pleased with this Yarn Love Yarn. I'm still, slowly, reading Knit the Sky. Definitely creatively inspired and enjoying the few moments I've had to read it over the week. It fills like this week just flew by and I didn't have much time to do either.
Better run, but I'll be back soon with another review, I promise that it's for another unique collection that I'm sure you will love. Check back soon for more details.

Have a lovely day, and don't forget to link up with Ginny!

~Jessica

1 comment:

Pom Pom said...

I have that book, too. I like the cheerfulness but it didn't really get me all inspired. I will go back to it and give it another chance.