Wednesday, September 23, 2015

~Yarn Along ~ Short and Sweet!

It has been one of those weeks where I have been doing so much different work that it starts to feel like nothing is getting done at all. I am trying (and trying!) to finish up this last piece of work for my current deadlines, and it seems like I have been pulled into that black hole of knitting, that place where no matter how much you knit, it just does not get any bigger, or closer to being done. I realized that I wasn't wanting to work on my "Fall shawl" design either, because, it is also knit in the round (as  is the project that never ends.....) and that just was a bit too much for me to pick up when I wanted a "break" (soon, I am going to have to take a real break, I think!). So, I happened to have some of this beautiful Sparkle Sock Yarn from TheLemonadeShop on Etsy. I purchased it a few months ago and had wound it up with the intention of starting some socks but never got a chance to. The yarn was all ready to go, but I wasn't feeling socks. I have a shawl/shawlette design that I've been wanting to work up for a few months now, a sort of comfort, healing, good thoughts type project, and I had two different versions that I wanted to try out. I have yarn planned for one of the versions, but this yarn immediately reminded me of that idea and I knew the tweaks that I wanted to make for the companion version. I am loving knitting on this, and it is a great comfort to pull out whenever I'm feeling like I just need a little something to remind me why I enjoy knitting! Everything for this project stays nicely tucked in my Little House project bag from LittleSkein. This has become one of my favorite project bags, the fabric is just so darling and sweet, and it closes so nicely and securely. The little ring even says, "Happiness" on it and that's what this whole project says to me me, Happiness.
I've still been reading my latest issue of Taproot. I am loving the article about the Birth Center and the midwife. It is so touching, inspiring and reminds me of my own passions about midwifery. It definitely stirs up a longing and a desire, and a sense of adventure for me. I also recently got my copy of Short Row Knits by Carol Feller. I have only looked at it a little bit and am enjoying what I see so far. I am planning a more in depth review later this week or next week, depending on how much I get done on the "Blanket of Doom"........
I also wanted to share with you some new yarn that I just received.  Several months ago, I fell on the "Gilmore Girls" bandwagon. I'm not really sure how it happened, other than there was nothing on TV, and all the shows on Netflix I had either watched or was waiting for my hubby to watch them with me. He would definitely NOT be interested in Gilmore Girls (I was right in that!). But boy have I been! I am a huge fan and I love when it works out that I can stream several episodes while I work. So, when I came across Kim Dyes Yarn's new Yarn Club, I had to join, because it was a "StarsHollow, Gilmore Girls" themed monthly yarn club! My first shipment just arrived- a skein of sock yarn in the Lorelai color way, and the most adorable stitch marker- it says "Luke's". Yes, happiness achieved!
Well, I better run, I just managed to get the little one down for his nap (Multi-tasking momma, never underestimate the power of mommy milk!) and that blanket is demanding my attention......
Don't forget to link up with Ginny's Blog to share your knitting and reading!

~Jessica

No comments: