I don't think busy is strong enough to describe this past week! It feels like it just flew by, in a blur, of activity, work, and just a bit of unexpected chaos. The never-ending blanket finally ended (whew!) and for just a brief moment of time (barely a second!) I was caught up (and drooling over things to knit for fun.....) and then the moment passed. So quickly........
I have finished up so many things this week, already, and have gotten so many behind-the-scenes details taken care of for a couple of new patterns. I can't wait to share them with you. I had some time this week to take a little breather and so I worked some more on this simply lovely and soothing shawl that I shared with you last week. I can't wait to see this one blocked. I came across this series of books in the Kindle Deals the other week- the Joshua Jordan series. I am on the third book in the series, and am still trying to decide how I feel about them. It's mystery/suspense/current events all rolled into one, kind of making it a whole "this is life and this is scary" all new category for me. It's not necessarily bad, but it does make you start to look at the whole picture just a bit differently! Not that a perspective shift if always a bad thing. Sometimes, a change in perspective is a very welcome thing. I know it's something that I've tried to work on in my life, and something that I see my kids model out constantly. Rather than being down and taking each of life's challenges as a disappointing burden, facing them with optimism and with a sense of adventure. Often easier said than done, but definitely makes a huge difference!!! (and is much appreciated by those around you).
Well, I better wrap this up, I have to get back to the knitting while I have my little helper around to help me! Don't forget to link up with Ginny's Blog to share what you are reading and knitting this week.
~Jessica

No comments:
Post a Comment