Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Little House Yarn Along


Hello Readers and Knitters! Just a quick post today, it's one of those weeks, where I really start to wonder if I might have just overestimated my super hero abilities, haha. I've been trying to piece together our curriculums for next year (since I have to buy for so many, I find that it's cheaper if I can buy some of them used, which requires a lot of searching and piecing together). We are planning on continuing our MFW journey this coming year, and it's on the pricier side as curriculums go. Very worth it, but at least for this upcoming year, I have to buy two separate programs (first grade and one for the older kids), in addition, I'm trying a different English program this year and trying to make decisions on that. (So much for my quick post.....) Anyways, I've been juggling that, our regular school lessons, knitting work (trying to get caught up on all my deadlines so I can work on some new ideas I have for self-published pieces!!!!), and baby catching, of course. It is such an honor to serve families on their path to meet their new little ones, it never gets old, and is always such a joy. 
Annie over at Little Skein in the Big Wool is having a #Littlehousealong and I splurged and bought a kit! I rarely "treat" myself, but this was such a sweet deal, and I just love the whole "book and knitting" theme that she has. My husband gifted me one of the Anne of Green Gables kits at Christmas, but sadly it was after the knit along had ended, and I've been so busy with work the past few months, I haven't had a chance to knit my Anne project yet. But, this one looked so sweet, and I've wanted to try Plucky yarn for awhile, that this was just fortuitous. I've been having a rough week, between dealing with some personal issues, and just being overwhelmed with work stuff, and really having a hard time finding knitting that I enjoy. I decided to take some time Monday night, while Mike was out, and just knit on this. Ah, the pleasure of simple garter stitch in a beautiful yarn. I also managed to get some of Little House read to my kiddos. I remember enjoying this book growing up, and this latest read through doesn't disappoint either. After the heaviness of my last book, Splinters of Light, I needed something happy and sweet. It reminds me a lot of Sarah's Quilt, and I think that I am going to go ahead and buy the third book in that series to read on my Kindle. 
I encourage you to check out Little Skein in the Big Wool, the kit is amazingly well put together, and she has lots of options, including a "knit from stash" option. This kit came with sweet stitch markers, the yarn, the Little House project bag, a knitting bag sized LoLo Bar (love those!), and some other themed goodies. 
And if you want to join in the "Yarn Along", don't forget to stop by Ginny's Blog
I'll be back soon with a review of the latest Ilikeknitting.com issue! (and a couple of patterns that I have in that issue).

Happy Reading and Knitting!

~Jessica


1 comment:

Joyce Tucker said...

This kit is so cute! I love Little House on the Prairie.