Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Yarn Along~

Another week just flies by! I can't believe some days how fast time seems to go, especially when somedays it seems like 4:45 (when daddy is supposed to get home!) will never arrive. And yet, it does, every day, and the dinner rush begins, and then dinner, and bed and rinse, repeat!!!!
This week, I am still reading Splinters of Light, and I am still enjoying it. I am really savoring it (or at least that sounds better than, I have had to spend an inordinate amount of time reading books about Butterflies/Caterpillars and India for my children's school lessons.....).
And I'm still knitting away on my Bergamot Shrug! I haven't made much progress, I'm only a few repeats into the miles and miles of endless lace mesh. I've only had a little bit of time to work on this in between trying to finish up some work obligations and setting it aside the other evening to go to a birth. I have also noticed that if I work on this for too long at a time, that it starts to cramp my hand up, and I wake up with really sore fingers and wrists the next day. I'm not sure if it's the needles (these are my standard HiyaHiya sharps, size 5, which I use often but I don't usually have pain associated them), the lace stitch (which isn't that difficult, or puts as much strain on my wrists as cables seem to! Remember the claw hand debacle from my Rocky Coast Cardigan a few years ago? LOL!), or if it's the yarn, but I have a feeling this one will take me awhile to get through because I just don't have time to deal with a hand injury right now. The yarn itself is so pretty, and I'm really looking forward to having this finished. It might have to go into time out for a bit, though, sadly. Or just be something I work on sporadicly. We shall see.

What are you knitting and reading this week? Be sure to link up with Ginny over on the Small Things Blog.

Have a great week!
~Jessica

2 comments:

Christine N said...

I love the color of yarn you're using! Very beautiful.

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm sorry something is causing you pain, hope it improves for you.