Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Yarn Along~

Goodness, it's hard to believe that a week has passed since I last posted here! It's been busy around here, always busy. I managed to get all my work in by their deadlines, so that's good. It also left me with a bit of down-knitting time, so I was able to finish my Prairie Ridge. I'll have to blog about that later, for sure.

This week, I'm knitting on Ease, a design from one of my faves, Alicia Plummer. I'm sure it will take me longer than normal to finish this up, because I just got in yarn for two new designs, and I got two more commissioned projects in the last week as well. I'm knitting my Ease in some Three Irish Girls Springvale Worsted (Audrey Hepburn) color way that I bought at a great price in a destash on Ravelry. I love Three Irish Girls yarn. Their colors are lovely, and the yarn itself is so yummy. (the picture does not do justice to the color, at all). I'm knitting on my Knitter's Pride Platina's again, I am still loving these needles. For some reason, I feel like they make for speedy knitting (but that could also be because this is the first time I haven't had to keep track of taking notes of everything I'm doing while knitting).  Everything fits so nicely in my Double Knit bag from Slipped Stitches Studio. This particular one is from their December club, and it's The Princess Bride themed- it has all the awesome quotes from it on the bag and then the inside is lined with a matching solid color fabric, with big pockets that yarn can fit in, and even little yarn guides to keep the yarn from getting tangled. It's such a great knitting bag, and the sweater and yarn fit in it nicely, with enough room to throw in my wallet, glasses and keys if I want. I'm still reading Sarah's Quilt from last week, in my "spare time" (so, in other words, I managed a few pages on Friday!), but I started reading Mary Poppins to my younger kiddos. They are enjoying it so far, as am I. It was one of my favorite books when I was little, and I loved the movie as well, so I'm really glad that I have the chance to share it with them.
Make sure to check out: http://www.gsheller.com  if you want to "Yarn Along" as well!

2 comments:

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

A Princess Bride knitting bag - that is too cool! I love Mary Poppins too. The yarn is a gorgeous colour.

doe said...

Mary Poppins caught my eye. My girls and I enjoyed her books so much :) Your "Ease" looks beautiful. I love the color.