I'm a long time reader of the Small Things Blog, and I enjoy Ginny's weekly posts about what she is knitting and reading, so I thought I'd try it myself!
I've had some pretty crazy deadlines lately, so I haven't had much "for fun" knitting time, but when I did catch some time the other week, I cast-on this Prairie Ridge Shawl , designed by one of my all-time favorite designers, Susan B. Anderson. I'm enjoying knitting on it when I get a chance (which has been limited to knit night at this point). It's a great piece for knitting while chatting, or knitting TV/Movie knitting, as it is really simple to keep track of your work, and isn't overly complicated, but is working up beautifully. I'm knitting mine up in some Miss Babs Yowza. This is my first time using this particular yarn, after many years of window shopping it. I bought this particular skein as a birthday present for myself, and I'm quite impressed with it. The shipping was super fast, and it was even packaged up like a present, so it made it super fun to receive (it also came with a bonus sample sized skein of bulky weight yarn to try out, a new stitch marker, and all wrapped up in pretty tissue paper. I'm using the Yowza, which is a 4-ply Light Worsted, 100% Superwash Merino Wool, in a generous 560 yards, this color is Perfectly Reckless and I'm in love. I highly encourage you to try some Miss Babas as well! You can see one of my absolute favorite project bags peeking out at the bottom- it's an Erin Lane bag, one of her Large Drawstring bags, in Big Bang Theory fabric of course! I love this bag- it's the perfect size for my shawl. I'm knitting it up on my new Knitter's Pride Nova Platina's, which are my current favorite interchangeable needles. These needles take everything that I love about my other needles, and put them all into one needle- they are slick but not slippery, sharp, but not cut your finger open, and easy to attach, but not overly easy that working back and forth causes them to come unscrewed. Loving this whole project!
I'm currently reading Sarah's Quilt, by Nancy E. Turner, a local Tucson author. It's the sequel to her book "These is my Words", which was fabulous, so I'm looking forward to reading this one. I just started it (and reading time is so limited these days) but what I have read so far, I have enjoyed. It is hard to imagine that this book will be better than the previous one, but I've been promised that that is the case, so I'm looking forward to it. Even if you aren't an Arizonian, I encourage you to check out, "These is My Words" as it's a great read.
Well, I better run, knitters!
Until next time,
~Jessica

2 comments:
What pretty yarn! I have two different skeins of Yowza that I am anxiously waiting to knit into shawls.
Wow, never heard of this yarn before - that colour is gorgeous! I am going to look for that book.
Post a Comment