Tuesday, March 10, 2015

New Design: Sock Monkey Baby Set

(Photos by Liz Calmes of Limelight Photography)

About a year ago, I was approached by soon-to launch digital magazine, Ilikeknitting.com (put out by Prime Publishing), asking if I would consider submitting some designs to them for their upcoming magazine. At the time, I was sketching up lots of baby ideas (something to do with being 6 months pregnant, I think!), and sent them an idea for a little sock monkey baby set on a whim. They loved it and asked when I could have it completed by and if I was interested in handling the photography for it, since it was a baby piece. I agreed (making sure the deadline was well after my model was set to make their debut!), and got to work knitting. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, working with them, and I have gone on to knit several other pieces for a couple of other issues for them (and just sent off several more for an upcoming issue!).  If you haven't checked out an issue of Ilikeknitting.com, yet, I encourage you to check it, out, and definitely, sign up for a subscription of your own! If you are interested in signing up, check it out here

My little Sock Monkey set is knit in O-Wool Balance, a wonderful organic yarn, which really makes the Sock Monkey colors pop! It's knit from the top down, flat first, and then joined to work in the round until the leg split. The legs are then knit flat, and after completing the piece, snap tape is sewn on the gusset band for easy closure, making diaper changes a breeze. The hat is worked in the round, in one piece, with simple color changes.




And the model? Baby Sheldon, of course! I can't believe how tiny he was! These are the pictures from his newborn photo shoot, when he was less than a week old. My how time flies! 
If you haven't checked it out yet, I encourage you to look into this new publication, you won't be disappointed, and since it is digital, it is ad-free, and delivery is super fast.


Happy Knitting!
~Jessica




No comments: