Monday, April 12, 2010

Anderson/Anderson Project #1: Bunny Tale




I am finally getting around to posting about my first Anderson/Anderson Project! So sorry for the delay- I've been recouperating from having my wisdom tooth out and then re-organzing my house after daddy (who did a wonderful job while mommy got to rest!) was in charge for three days.

So, without anymore delay, Lilly Grace's Bunny Tale:




Striped version of Bunny Tail, from Itty Bitty Hats.
This is actually the fourth time that I've knitted the Bunny Tail hat, but this was the first striped version. This hat is extra special because the yarn came from my Itty Bitty Easter swap partner on Ravelry. I had mentioned in the swap thread that I loved the striped version Susan had pictured in her book, but did not know what yarn to use. My swap partner sent a message to Susan and was able to get me the yarn and the colors from the book! I absolutely love it and love that Susan was so helpful and thoughtful!
Yarn: Rowan Cotton- Rosso, Sugar and Bleached.
This is a lovely cotton yarn that is so soft and the colors selection is wonderful as well. It is a nice, lighter weight yarn which is perfect for our usually Sunny and warm Florida weather. There are lots of projects in the Itty Bitty books that use Rowan Cotton, so I'm always glad to have some extra skeins for the Rowan basket (yes, I just admitted that I have a basket devoted to just Rowan, there is also a Spud and Chloe Basket, the Peace Fleece basket, the Malabrigo basket......)
Here is Peter's Version for this year:


His was knit in Rowan Cashsoft DK, lovely lovely soft yarn! What a dream to work with!
His sweater is also mommy-knit, and is in Spud and Chloe, it is the Jesse Polo Sweater from the very talent Kate Oates of Tot Toppers! It's worthy of it's own blog post for sure!

I'll be back soon, hopefully with a bunny that has finally gotton both ears (Double Poited Needles and little ones are not a good mix, so my poor Rabbit does not have both his ears just yet, but soon! Very soon! He is also made possible from my very generous Easter Swap Partner!) Also, I am almost done with my first Giveaway item, so stay tuned from some Cherry-O love!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

so cute! I love seeing your creations. :)

Misty said...

Cute hats!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I saw the Bunny Tail in a book the other day, and I was so excited about it (you know being a fellow Itty Bitty fanatic). It was a picture book of newborns sleeping. Anyway, your hats look fantastic. How is your Anderson/ Anderson project coming?