I'm very excited to announce my new adventure: The Anderson/Anderson Project!
What is this? You might ask, or you might just say, whatever and move on, however, I'm super duper excited and can't wait (In fact, I actually started yesterday!)
I've been in a little rut of sorts lately, still knitting and still schooling and still learning and my kids are a ceaseless source of love, entertainment, joy and amusement, but I just was having that, there has to be a little more feeling, and it wasn't the, oh my gosh I need another baby right now feeling (thank goodness!) I am not thrilled with the homebirth options in Florida, (I continually learn over and over and over that it is sooooooooo important WHO you choose to work with you and be your assistants! So very important! So, I was in a rut and needed a project of sorts to get me out of it and thanks to Netflix, Julie & Julia showed up at my house at just the right time! Now, I love cooking and I love love love The Food Network (my children build cakes out of their blocks and host Cake Challenge) but, that's where it ends. I don't want to spend more time in the kitchen than I have to (especially since I like fast meals that cook for a long time, affording me lots of knitting time!), so my quest is not for eating- if you haven't guessed it, It's Knitting Related!
Susan B. Anderson, author of Itty Bitty Hats, Itty Bitty Nursery, and Itty Bitty Toys, is one of my favorite knitters and designers of all times! I have all three of her books, several of her Spud and Chloe patterns and love her blog: http://susanbanderson.blogspot.com/
And then it dawned on me- we have the same last name! Icing on the cake! I knew that I had to begin my knitting adventure.
So, I've decided that I am going to knit my way through Susan B. Anderson's patterns. I didn't want to limit myself to Itty Bitty knits (which I love and are absolutely adorable!) because all of her work is beautiful. I'm hoping that I can knit at least 2 Anderson projects a month (which is good because I just cast two on yesterday! Very seasonally appropriate I might add!)
Now for the part that I hope you will like- since I only have so many children who can only appreciate so many knits at one time, you will be able to check out the blog for not only my progress and projects, but also the occassional give away! I've already made several of the hats, and toys, several times for a few of them, so I'll be offerring some Anderson goodness to have for your very own! So yay!
I have to get back to my bunny trail, but I'll be back soon with a sneak peek photo!
Stay tuned!!!!!!
3 comments:
Woooo hoooo! What a great idea. I love her things (Ciara's cupcake hat was her pattern). Can't wait to see it alll.
That's such a fun idea. I just watched the Julie/Julia movie last night. Adam didn't really want to watch it, so I rented it while he was working. I can't wait to see all your pictures from your projects. And hopefully they won't be as messy as boning a duck. ;)
Oh, what a wonderful project and goal! I love Susan's books, the IBK group, and everything Itty Bitty Related.
I saw the movie too, and I thought it was great. The thought crossed my mind to do something similar as well, but maybe to take a classic recipe book and make all the recipes vegan. Well... that's too much work. I love cooking (a BIG hobby of mine, especially baking) but cleaning up the mess is just awful. Especially with a baby, lol! I guess I'll just stick to my "Vegan Planet" and "Joy of Vegan Baking" because the work is already done.
Someday I'd like to knit through every project in the Itty Bitties. Oh, did you know she's currently writing another?
Post a Comment