~Yarn Along: It's hard to believe that we are starting the fourth week of school. There are definitely some adjustments, changes, and really big changes in the works, at dynamics shift, children grow and choices are made. It's been a difficult, and challenging season to say the least, and there are some rather drastic changes on the horizon. I'm also having to daily remind myself to be patient, kind and compassionate, willing to let go of my way, to ease my K'er and my 2nd Grader enter their learning, and to be able to meet their individual needs, which seem to be completely different than that of their older siblings and each others. We started our first official Read Aloud this week in our Rome to Reformation cycle, The Bronze Bow. I have been surprised so far at how attentive my two boys are and how they actually are sitting and listening to the story. We'll see if that keeps up next week. My Kindergartener pulled Little House in the Big Woods off the shelf last week and instantly begged for me to read it to her. She has been having me read her the Storybook version of the story for the last few weeks, and loves to hear about Laura and Mary, and play acts the story with her dolls, so I'm enjoying her enthusiasm for this book. She isn't quite ready to listen to a whole chapter in one sitting, but we do read as much as she wants and are taking it nice and slow.
Nice and slow seems to be the theme, as I'm slowly reading through Simply Tuesday, and slowly knitting on my Edith's Secret Shawl. I'm not sure that this one will ever end, or what I'll do once I don't have it to work on anymore. It seems like it has been a constant companion for me lately and I'm almost- almost- sad that it is going to end at some point. I'm almost finished with Clue 5, and I wasn't sure I'd ever get there. This is one of those projects that truly lives up to, even if you only knit 2 rows a day, it will eventually get where it is going! My design redo is slowly coming along as well, even though I only have about a day a week to work on it right now, in the midst of more pressing deadlines and other projects that need to be completed more quickly. It's sort of comforting to just knit along and follow my own pattern notes, making changes and updates as needed.
What are you reading and knitting this week?
~Jessica
2 comments:
When we were homeschooling, we read The Bronze Bow. Grandson didn't care for it, but I liked it. Little House books are good, too. I enjoyed Farmer Boy the most. I learned a lot about old time farming methods. One or two rows a day on your shawl is good. It's a good way to relax and have time to think. I'm half way through a shawl, too.
I love little house books and I remember reading them as a child and my daughter when she was a child, such good memories!!
Post a Comment