Wednesday, June 8, 2016
~Moving Along.....
~ I am in massive crunch time this week, that's for sure! I have one last deadline project that I'd love to have off my needles before I leave for TNNA, and I just finished up a last minute project that I'm bringing with me. I'm so happy with how it turned out. I knit a couple of swatches to work this one out, and you can catch a glimpse of them in the photo. What didn't get put into the skirt (oops! it's a new skirt design! I designed AND knit a skirt in 3 days!) will definitely be used in another skirt that I already started sketching out.....right along with a toddler tee, a child skirt, a shawl and and and.....lots of plans! But first, I'm going to take a mini-break, or at least a pretend mini-break since there will be lots of other things going on to keep my busy! I'm still reading Harry Potter with my older boys at night. We are getting through this one fairly slowly, but that's mostly due to a toddler who would rather flip through the pages and read us his version. It's been several years since I read this one, and I've seen the movie several times, but I have to say, reading through it again, it's funny to see the things the movie left out! I love the book even more now and am enjoying the time to share it with them, they definitely have some interesting theories about what is going to happen next!
And I couldn't post today without saying Happy Birthday to my oldest! She is 11 today, I honestly cannot believe how quickly time flies. I know that mom's don't often like to be told that it flies by, or to cherish every moment, but honestly, CHERISH EVERY MOMENT! I know that it doesn't seem like you are going to miss the sleepless nights, the tantrums, any of it, but in the blink of an eye, they are big, and won't let you read them silly stories any more and won't sit and watch Blue's Clues with you, and are running off with barely a "Bye mommy"........it really does happen, and I really do miss it. There are great and fun things about this age that I haven't discovered yet, but there is a part of me that misses greatly those baby moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment