Wednesday, June 29, 2016

~Back in the Swing of Things


~Boy does it feel good to be back on my regular schedule! It's been a crazy couple of weeks- between traveling to DC, TNNA, kids at camp, and then all of us rushing to and from Fine Arts Camp (and picking up an on call midwifery shift on top of that! I am nuts, right????) Things have slowed a bit- not entirely, but at least I am home and not teaching this week! I love working with the kids at camp, and using my dance skills for a week, but that's about all I can handle. It reminds me how much I love dance, how glad I am that it's been a part of my life, but how glad I am that I don't teach on a regular basis anymore.
I'm enjoying the time I have to snuggle and be with my kids this week- the littlest one is particularly happy to have mommy all to himself and not have to share. We've read this Blue's Clues book several times already today, and I'm sure the afternoon will hold more of the same. I'm good with that! He is also fascinated by any books with animals, particularly ones with goats and horses as he had a chance to see both of those animals at camp last week! My older boys are still listening to Harry Potter at bedtime, since baby likes to get ahold of the book, we don't get very far, but they are enjoying it and can't wait until we finish it! I've been working through Mad Hungry, Feeding Men and Boys because my menu planning is starting to feel a little blah lately. It's hard cooking around so many different food allergens and restrictions, but I like the challenge of modifying something so that it is still tasty but works for our home. This one has some good ideas and I'm starting to get excited about my menu plan for next week.
I'm hoping to finish up the last pieces of my Fall Collection, this is the bonus set, (Mini)Fall Color Collection, worked in the same palette of The Fiber Seed Sprout DK that the regular set is worked in, just on a "mini" scale. I've got some fun plans for my designs in July,  (hint, the theme is Christmas in July, lol!) and so I'm looking forward to a month of merry making!
I'll be back soon with a TNNA recap, and I'm working on a newsletter with some sneak peeks and coming items, so if you haven't yet joined, click on over at the top right and sign up, you'll even get a coupon code to get a free pattern!

Keep on Knitting!
~Jessica

No comments: