Wednesday, May 4, 2016

~Knitting Everywhere......


Just a short and sweet Yarn Along today friends, sorry! I am running behind today, I went to a local Charity Group this morning to meet with some other knitters, crocheters and sewers. It is nice to get out and talk with other crafters and even nicer to learn about local charities that need some extra attention and love. It's a great reminder to look beyond yourself and to help others. I came home refreshed and energized, probably having lunch with a good friend helped with that as well. I've been busy working away on some new designs- some that I can't share.....which I'm starting to stress a little about.....and some that I can share, like the new design above. I've been knitting away on this one this past week and I am loving how it is coming together. I absolutely love color, and getting to knit with it just makes me so happy. This is the central piece in my upcoming Fall Colors Collection I am putting together with The Fiber Seed Yarn. I am reading Clara Parkes new book, Knitlandia and it is just wonderful and delightful! I find myself laughing and giggling, and sometimes I can even hear Clara talking (I had the honor of briefly meeting her at TNNA a few years ago......) and it is just always fun when you read about people you know, or events you have attended, a book that seems to give you footing and belonging. A book that is just home. I think that if you are a knitter of any level, or even just someone who loves a good travel yarn (haha!) that you would like this book.
Well, I better run, I've got some work to catch up on and some babies to go spend some time with since being away this morning. I have a new pattern out with Knit Picks this week, so keep your eyes out and needles ready.....

Be back soon,
~Jessica

No comments: