Wednesday, March 16, 2016

~Living Life


~Isn't it funny how you don't really appreciate sleep, or being healthy, until you don't get sleep or you are sick? Somehow we managed to have half of us get hit by the nasty virus that has been going around since December (I think this was the second time for some of us, it has been a bad virus season this year). For me that meant letting go of everything except tending to sick littles, doing everything I could to avoid catching their willingness to share their germs and then eventually not being successful in that endeavor, which led to 2 days of complete non-functioning. I've never been as thankful for school lessons, work, and being able to eat as I have been this week! I've had to play catch up on a ton of work, and have not had any time to knit anything that isn't work related in 2 weeks, but, on the bright side, I did get a chance to pick up this new cardigan design and spend some time knitting on it while waiting for various other pieces of work to come together. I am just in love with these colors and love this Yarn Love Elizabeth Bennet yarn so, so, so much! I've been slowly reading through The Life Giving Home- the most important thing I've found in reading this is to remember that these are suggestions- not all of the information or activities or going to "fit" my home, and that is ok, and that if I am really resistant to the idea, why? I've already noticed how some of the small changes I've made from what I've read so far have made a positive impact. I'm definitely looking forward to digging further in this one and learning more.
In case you missed it, I released a new pattern, English Rose. It's knit in Malabrigo Arroyo and is one of my favorite knits ever. I reach for this one constantly and it has held up to the wear wonderfully.

I'm working up a children's version, and am going to have run a Test KAL for it in my Ravelry Group very soon. Please let me know if you are interested! I'd love to have you join me.
Well, that's it for today, I hope that you are well! Don't forget to link up with Ginny's Blog if you want to participate in the #YarnAlong.

I'll be back soon,

~Jessica

3 comments:

Jessica Snell said...

I have that same Sally Clarkson book sitting on my shelf - I'm planning to read it after I finish "Love the Home You Have". Your knit skirt is very pretty!

Ravenna said...

I've had that book on my wish list for a while. I'm happy to hear it might be worth checking into. Everything looks great :) I hope you are all feeling better.

Ady Grafovna said...

My daughter has allergies and said the same thing this morning. You never appreciate breathing until you can't breathe properly. I guess it is easy to take our blessings for granted! Get well soon.