Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Yarn Along ~ The Secret Garden KAL

Annie over at Little Skein in the Big Wool is having another fun "A long" event. This time, the theme is The Secret Garden, definitely one of my favorite books of all times. I remember reading this book when I was in third grade. Annie does a fantastic job in putting this kits together, and this one does not disappoint. My sweet husband got up very early the day the went on sale, and purchased me one of the amazing kit options, with a wonderful project bag, yarn, extra yarn, pattern, stitch markers, and lots of other goodies. I will definitely have to do a review post on this amazing kit one day soon. I haven't been able to start the lovely shawl, yet, because I've been so busy with work (and it's a rather complicated lace/cable shawl that is just gorgeous, so it would not be a good option for TV knitting during a show I actually want to see and hear, or a good knit night project, so it's sitting and waiting, most likely for Thanksgiving knitting while the dinner cooks in the oven). However, the fun part about this "a long" is that it also can be a read along, craft along, really anything that can be connected to "The Secret Garden". So, I pulled out my copy and I've been reading along with other fans of the book. It's been so nice to connect with an old childhood friend, ;)
In between knitting deadlines, I managed to cast on a new design that sort of just came into being! Saturday we ended up having to make a stop to get a new car battery (unexpectedly!). I didn't realize that on the way out the door I picked up the knitting bag with my Smitten Yarn Club August colorway, Bus Stop on Yarn Love Elinor Dashwood BigFoot. I managed to use the time to start a new design idea, that just sort of knitted itself into being. Originally I had planned on working up a cowl/cowlette, but what I have is a sweet little shawlette, perfect for your early morning Bus Stop runs! I just bound off the last stitch and it is on it's way to a little soak and a gently block. Hopefully this one will be released before you know it.
That's all for today, I've got to get back to a bunch of pressing projects, but it's been nice to take a little break with a favorite book, and some lovely knitting. It's a little funny, because I'd never used the Elinor Dashwood base before, and as I was knitting it, I kept thinking about how I needed to order more of it, and how come I hadn't tried it before this. Low and behold, my October Yarn Love Little Lovelies club yarn was in my mailbox when I got home, and I had ordered the Elinor Dashwood base! How funny. Now I have even more lovely yarn to knit up.
Don't forget to link up with Ginny's Blog to share your Yarn Along fun, and if you want to join The Little Skein #secretgardenKAL as well!

~Jessica

No comments: