Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Yarn Along~

Goodness, it seems like such a long time since I spent some time in the space sharing with you. It's been busy around here, that's for sure! And the more I seem to get done, the more work I seem to still find myself buried under. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, or at least a deadline when it ALL has to be done (which might be the reason I keep feeling panicky and on the verge of some sort of anxiety attack.....either that or it is just all these children....) I did manage to find some time to knit on my pair of socks, even if it was just to finish off the one sock and immediately cast on for the second one. No second sock syndrome here! Lately I've only been able to knit on these during service on Sunday, but that's enough time to get several rows done. This particular pattern (Vanilla Latte Sock) is perfect for anytime you just need something for your hands to do while you pay attention to a meeting, lecture, or ah hem, sermon. It is easy enough to not have to think about it, but the ribbing works up so nicely. It's a free pattern, so no harm in trying it, right? And I'm still loving the White Birch Fiber Arts sock yarn that I'm using.  I just started reading Needles and Purls by Gil McNeil, Yes, another library book find from the day I got stuck in the M's! I am only a few chapters into it, but it seems to be just as entertaining and light of a read as the first one, which I read several years ago when I had just started knitting. I love a good book that mixes knitting in with a good story.
Well, I better run, but I will be back in the next few days to introduce you to the newest member of our family and share the sweet story of their arrival.....here's a little sneaky peek of our littlest love:

Happy Knitting, reading, and creating!

~Jessica

No comments: