Hello Knitters and Friends! I hope that you have had a lovely week. Ours was busy, lots of cleaning, organizing and working. It was nice, though, to also take some time and play. My toddler has recently been inviting me to play dollies with her, and I am happy to oblige. (Usually that's because she likes my dolls better than hers, lol!). I've been knitting away on quite a bit of work things that I can't show you just yet, but I also had a chance to knit on my little one's Little House Shawl. I am so in love with the simplicity of this pattern (at least after the hundreds of stitches you cast on and then the first several inches in the lacey pattern!). This is perfect for watching TV, relaxing, or just even a bit of garter stitch to knit whilst you read. I even managed to get a couple of chapters into a book, I'm reading The Twelfth Card by Jeffery Deaver. It's a murder mystery/thriller type story and hasn't disappointed so far (although I am only a few chapters into it!). I'm not used to juggling a hardback book while knitting or nursing but I'm managing it, slowly but surely. We made a decision to take a time out from electronics- which included mommy's Kindle, since the toddler liked to use it!- and that's been good for the whole family. I do miss the ease of reading electronically, but the peace, quiet and creativity that has replaced the screen time has been so worth it!
I better run as I just got a little one down for a nap and I need to get quite a bit of work accomplished this afternoon, especially since all I managed to get done yesterday was to reknit what I had to rip out from the day before's progress.....ah the price of being a perfectionist!
Hope you have a lovely day, and don't forget to link up with Ginny over on the Small Things Blog.
~Jessica

No comments:
Post a Comment