Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sometimes, Simple

Sometimes, you just need a simple, comforting project so that your hands can work through things that you are just beginning to process in your mind. I happened across (or rather my toddler happened to stumble up it!), a great sale on Spud and Chloe Outer yarn at Jessica Knits this past weekend. She immediately grabbed the pink yarn and asked me if we could take it home. I thought about it for about 5 seconds, and of course said yes. I tried to convince her to pick the bright green color to go with it, but she didn't waver in her choice for the orange. She was determined that she needed a blanket for her baby doll.
I happened across the Bundle Me Blankie  pattern on Ravelry and immediately cast on for it. I had it knit before I headed to bed that night. Such a simple, yet satisfying knit.
I know that it's nice to knit some lace, sometimes. And I have so many sweaters, cardigans and tops that I plan to knit- some designs that I want to create and some patterns that I just sigh over overtime I see them (I AM going to knit a Ginny's Cardigan from the Harry Potter Knits one of these days....just as soon as I pick out a yarn for it....and find a way to add hours in my day....) but sometimes, sometimes, there is something just magical in the simplicity of Stockinette and Reverse Stockinette. There is something about just knitting and purling that just makes the worry, the stress, and the anxiety of life just melt away. There is comfort in the stitches, whether you are looking for it or not. It was nice to just find myself knitting away, enjoying the evening and not having to use my brain power to crunch numbers, worry if my item would fit, or stress over my gauge (which ironically the stress tends to throw gauge off anyways, what a conundrum!). 
So, if you need a small break (and this knits up so quickly, the bulky yarn, the big needles, the simple, and clear pattern, such a winning combination!), I highly recommend checking out this pattern. It does not disappoint. 




I hope that you are able to find yourself lost in a project that brings you comfort and joy today. What a good reminder that sometimes it's beneficial to just be able to slow down and enjoy the simple things. And I plan on doing just that, I am being called to another exciting round of peek-a-boo. See you soon!
Happy Knitting,

~Jessica


No comments: