
I don't know why it always catches me off guard that yet another week has passed by! You'd think I'd be used to it by now- the busy, never-stopping, always changing, every day full to the brim, life, but I guess I'm not, or I'm just too busy living to stop and count days.....or too sleep deprived. Life is full, and good, though, and I wouldn't change a thing (well, except maybe the sleep thing......). This past week, I've been busy getting some work knitting finished, some commissioned items knit, and casting on a last-minute idea for TNNA (which I finished, so of course, I had to attempt to add another last-minute item.....). We've been busy getting school wrapped up, I've been putting the finishing touches on the Fiber Seed Cowl so I can release the pattern before TNNA, amongst lots of other things- like getting ready for camp and summer activities. That hasn't left a lot of time to knit on my "Prairie Girl" shawl, but that's ok! I finally made it to the lace border last night, so hopefully it won't be much longer. I haven't read much farther in Little House in the Big Woods, either, but that's ok. I don't like to force the kiddos to sit and listen (especially when I chose the book, and it wasn't necessarily something they were interested in), I find that they do tend to come back to the books that they are super interested in (Mr. Popper's Penguins has been one of the more popular choices, and other days, I re-read standard favorites like Frog and Toad over and over and over! As long as we are reading, I'm happy, even if it's the 100th night in a row that I'm reading Dragons Love Tacos....)
And here's a sneak peek of my TNNA design in progress (it's currently drying!!!!):
I'm loving how it turned out so far, and the colors of Malabrigo Silky just worked so well together- great yarn shop sale find! And yes, that's baby sleeping, again. That's honestly how about 88% of my work gets done, he naps best on momma, so I just make sure that I have work nearby before I sit down with him. The other way I get work done (particularly school lessons, housework and on the rare occasion, midwifery stuff), is by wearing him, either on my back in a sling, or in a wrap on the front. He's a pretty easy camper (as long as he is near his momma!), so that helps a lot.
Well, I better run, because I do need to get some cleaning done, but don't forget to link up with
Ginny's Blog for more Yarn Along fun!
~Jessica
3 comments:
Dear Jessica, I can relate very much to everything you are saying! Just today I felt totally hit when realising we are already in the 20s of may! Despite my constant focus on slowness and being aware of single moments life seems to fly by. It somehow corresponds to how quickly our children are growing. I just try to take it all in - or most of it :-) Nap times seem to be those very special and slow (knitting) moments for you. How wonderful!
What gorgeous photos! I love reading aloud as well. With five children, it is so much fun to come back to old favourites and read them aloud all over again!
I remember those days! You seem to be making good progress nonetheless.
Post a Comment