Hello Knitters!
Sometimes, it's nice to know that there are just certain things you can count on, that there is a schedule and routine to something in this crazy life, and today, I'm grateful for Yarn Along Wednesday! It's been a crazy week, and slightly unpredictable. We have definitely hit the Spring Fever portion of Homeschooling (which makes a little sense, because last year at this time, we were starting to wrap up for a nice little break......) and it's been a fight to keep on keeping on. I've had so much work, and so many back-to-back deadlines, that I've been grateful for the few moments that i've had to work on one of my own designs. I've made a bit more progress on this lovely cowl! The yarn is such a delight and the colors are just amazing together. I'm trying to get the knitting finished up so I can send the pattern over to my Tech Editor- soon, I hope, soon! It's the perfect Spring time accessory, and I am so pleased with how it is turning out.
I had quite a bit of stockinette to work on this past week, and actually managed to make it through a James Patterson book on my Kindle while I worked on it. I read one of the newer Alex Cross novels and I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it. It was a bit more dark than I remember the books being, and it left me feeling slightly unsettled. However, my Kindergartener is LOVING these Rocket books, and so I wanted to share them with you. We celebrated his "100 day of school" awhile back, and I had purchased "Rocket's 100th Day of School" for us to read as part of the celebration. He loved it! When I was getting some other books for another unit, I came across this one, "Drop it Rocket!", and I bought it as well. He loves it just as much, and together we read them every day. I love how happy they make it, and the sweet, simple nature of the story. Again, it's just nice to have something you can count on, and these books being a daily hit definitely make that list!
What are you up to reading and knitting this week? Any good books to share? I'm definitely looking for suggestions.
Don't forget to join up with the Yarn Along !
~Jessica

No comments:
Post a Comment