Several months ago, I worked up a Fingerless Mitts pattern using on of my favorite yarns, Baah! La Jolla for the Knitter's Pride Blog. I noticed that it is up on their blog the other day and wanted to make sure that I shared it with my favorite knitters, you all of course!
Fingerless Mitts Pattern
(Photos by Liz Calmes of Limelight Photography)
I knit these mitts up on my Knitter's Pride Karonz dpns, my current favorites for dpns. If you haven't tried them, I encourage you to pick up a pair and try them out. These are my go-tos for toy knitting in the round, socks and fingerless mitts, especially if I am going to be knitting on dpns. Occasionally I'll knit in the round on two circulars (a little more frequently these days since I do most of my knitting with a little one who likes to grab at things, however, between this and my other job, I'd be surprised if one of the first sentences he puts together isn't something along the lines of: Don't pull on the cord!!!!)
These mitts would be a wonderful knit for your favorite Valentine, the color way is My Sweet Valentine, and I'm enjoying holding mine in the above photo! Let me know if you get a chance to cast them on and what you think. I started designing fingerless mitts last year when I had that opportunity to work/knit for trade thanks to a super wonderful midwife and I'm thankful in more than one ways to her for that opportunity, I'm enjoying my mitts and designing them for sure. There just might be couple more fingerless mitts patterns on the horizon........and let me know too if you check out the Knitter's Pride needles and how you like them. I may have an extra pair around here somewhere and could see about a giveaway if there is enough interest, so leave a comment and I'll see what I can do.





No comments:
Post a Comment