
So, if you have been around me for any amount of time (either online, or in person!), you know that I LOVE coffee. It's a staple item in my diet (and with five kids, I often wonder why I don't just keep a coffee IV!) Very close to my love of coffee, is my love of sweaters- knitting sweaters, wearing sweaters, cozy, wonderful sweaters. I LOVE knitting them. I love wearing them. And stripes- I love a bit of color in my sweaters- big stripes, bold stripes, teeny, tiny, baby stripes. Playing with color is just one of those things that makes me excited about yarn and knitting.
Last fall, I was smitten with Hannah Fetig's Bayside Pullover from Coastal Knits- if you haven't picked up that book- do it. NOW! I have knit at least three of the sweaters from Coastal Knits, one of the shawls, the hat, the mitts and I have the yarn for at least 2 more of the sweaters (that time thing, yo……….) Love, love, love Coastal Knits. So, anyways, I knit my sweater, which just happened to be knit in a sock/fingering weight yarn. Yes. I'll let that sink in for a minute. Size 2 needles. Sock weight yarn. Perfect sweater. I wear that thing all the time. It's just the right weight and is one of my favorite knits. And despite the small needles, I actually knit the sweater in under three weeks.
Which got me thinking- why not make a pullover incorporating all the things I love? Coffee. Colors. Stripes. Sock yarn. I drew up some sketches, tossed some ideas out (I nixed pockets). Put together some colors and settled on a yarn- Spud & Chloe Sock. Coffee Break was born. Then knit. And then, set aside because, while I was planning and sketching and swatching, I didn't realize that I was also growing a baby bump that would keep me from being able to wear my sweater for awhile! Thankfully, I had a "body double" who could try it on for me and help me get preliminary photos.
So, to help you combat the dreary, coming winter blues, I highly recommend you make a Coffee Break of your own. (And hey, it has thumb holes! What is better than a sweater with thumb holes? Seriously dude. Seriously.)

No comments:
Post a Comment