Friday, October 24, 2014

BaZnGa!

Since starting to design, I've learned that creative inspiration can come from a variety of sources- favorite TV characters, songs on the radio, nature, a child's sketch, and buttons are some of the places I get many of my design ideas. BaZnGa Cardigan is no exception! A few months ago one of my good Itty Bitty Knitters Friend, Jessica, sent me some super cute "Big Bang Theory" themed buttons from Canada. I knew that I wanted to make a super squishy cardigan for my newest little bean and that something with a Big Bang Theory vibe would be the perfect thing.Since I wanted something with just the right colors (I needed a vibrant red, a mellow yellow and a solid white) and it had to be of the squishiest softest quality for a new baby, Anzula was my go-to choice. If you haven't ever tried For Better of Worsted, I highly recommend it. Team Anzula is wonderful to work with, their colors are top notch, and I haven't ever used a line of their yarn that I've been disappointed in, every time I try one of their bases, I find another yarn I simply cannot live without!
From the pattern description: Your little genius needs their own cardigan to keep warm and cozy this fall. BaZnGa is the perfect preppy piece to fit that bill! Featuring bright colors, fun button details, and a zippy textured chevron detail, your little one is sure to pop up and claim “BaZnGa!” over this one! If you've never knit a sweater before, no worries! This would be a great place to start. It's worked from the top down, in one piece, with stitches for sleeves being held on waste yarn and then worked in the round. The Chevron Texture stitch provides a nice little break from Stockinette, and provides just enough color work to dip your toes into having fun with color. Sized from 3 months to 6 years, this knit has got your little genius covered. Click on over to get your copy today!

No comments: