Friday, April 12, 2013

A little bit of Everything.....

It's Friday! and I've got a Finished sweater! The pattern is: Morning Coffee by the very talented Kate Oates of Tot Toppers and When I Grow Up. I love Kate's designs and have knitted them for several years. I did my first test knits for Kate and learned all about how testing and editing worked thanks to that wonderful opportunity. I learned alot of valuable information that helps in running my own test knit designs. I knit my Morning Coffee in Three Irish Girls Springvale DK that I got in my Pick of the Knitter December shipment (see, I'm not doing that bad keeping up with knitting monthly yarn.......except don't ask about the April yarn from last year that I still haven't used!) Addison thinks that the camera means it is time for her to wear something I knit so that I can take her picture. I couldn't say no! Hopefully I can get my sweater back! It is super comfy and I love the cables. I messed up one of the back cables and didn't realize it until about 2 or so inches later, I was able to rip back that cable portion only and fix it. Whew. That's a great skill to have mastered, because if I'd had to rip back over two inches worth of knitting the cable would have either stayed funky looking or the sweater might still be in time out! I seem to have acquired a small stack of books this week: but that's only because the Topsy Turvey was a pre-order that just shipped and the other two I bought together. I'm loving the Knitting Pattern Essentials- it has so much good number information and has already helped me to sketch up a new cardigan. I just got the Knit to Flatter, so I can't comment on it yet, but it looks very helpful and I love the pink fabric style binding. I can't wait to sit and read it. And Topsy Turvey, oh my! So so so cute! And it's Susan B. Anderson, so what isn't to love about it? My kids have already all looked through it and placed their orders, so I will have to fit in some little toys in my work schedule. Hopefully I'll have a penguin to share soon. Don't forget about the Bunny Hop along that is going on for my Bunny Hop! We are just getting started so there is plenty of time to "hop" in! Also, please be sure to check out, Yarn on the House for an interview with MOI! and a pretty sweet giveaway! Just look at that bucket of yarn! Be back soon! Hope you all have a fabulous week-end!

No comments: