Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fantastic Fall!

It doesn't *quite* feel like fall here, yet (and in Florida, I don't think it ever really gets to "fall", it just goes from super, super hot, to really rainy to a few days of freezing cold!) but, we like fall and love to have unique ways to celebrate the changing of the seasons.

I finished Peter's Fall Colors sweater and it is stunning! The Spud and Chloe colors are so rich and full of fall. He loved modeling for me this morning and was reluctant to take the sweater off (he NEVER wears a shirt! so this was huge!) It is just too hot here to make him suffer all day in a warm, cozy sweater. It was slightly breezy outside, but the sun is in full force and it's starting to get hot and humid. Peter stroked the sweater on his cheeks when I took it off of him and he proceeded to treat it like a blanket for a little while. That's exactly what I like about the Spud and Chloe Sweater- it is so cuddly and soft. Peter loves getting in my lap while I am knitting on my Raglan, he cuddles with the body of my sweater, petting it like it's a soft, furry cat. Last night he snuggled up with the finished sleeve and went to sleep in my lap while I was knitting the other sleeve. Too cute!

Here's Peter in his Fall Colors:




Another thing we love about fall, is fun fall stories and new friends to share them with! Do you remember that sneak peek I let you have of my knitting basket the other week? Well, that pile of yarn and those needles poking every way became one of our new friends,Phoebe Mouse!


Phoebe Mouse has her own sweet little story and is found in Joanna Johnson's book, "Phoebe's Sweater," an absolutely gorgeous children's book with a couple of knitting patterns at the back, so you can make our own Phoebe Mouse and Sweater! We have enjoyed many readings of this story, and I know that many, many, many storytimes with this book are in our future! The illustrations are amazing and the sweet, simply story is perfect for little listeners. I encourage you to check out the author's blog,

so you can check out Phoebe's adventures for yourself!



She is quite a sweet little Mouse and we've already had so much fun with our Phoebe, traveling to the yarn store, to run errands and just to play and she is about to emabark on a really big adventure in about a week (I have a feeling that she is going to make a perfect Traveling Companion for Lilly Grace!). I knit my Phoebe in Spud and Chloe in Toast. The dress is knit in the colorway Watermelon and I used it as my guage swatch for my Raglan Sweater! Pefect! Also, the author has just put together a unit study using the book Phoebe's Sweater, it looks very helpful and we cannot wait to use it in our homeschool classes, I have a feeling it will come in handy in a few weeks.......



And, finally, one of my absolutely favorite things about fall (ok, so other than the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks, which is really one of the absolute bestest parts of fall of all!!!!) is the change that it always seems to bring- Big change for us! This will be the third time (I think it's the third, it might even be the fourth!) time that fall has signaled a big, big, move for us! Yep, that's right, this fall, we will be packing up (actually, that's what I should be doing right now!) and heading out of this sunny/rainy/wierd! state of Florida and journeying very far to the great state of, ARIZONA! YAY!!!! We are moving closer to Nana and to what appears to be a very friendly and welcoming group of Crunchy Mommies (I'm keeping my hopes up that they are like Norfolk AP Mommies and nothing like Hampton AP Mommies!) So, I am sure there are many, many, Pumpkin Spice Lattes in my future as I continue to pack up and then we set out on the long drive across many states. In preparation, I've been cleaning out the knitting basket and have unearthed a few goodies that needed some simple touches to enter the "Finished Objects" status. Peter's already been enjoying a pair of pants, hopefully I'll be back soon to share the rest of my uncovered treasures with you!

No comments: