Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Getting Back into Routine! (and WIP it Wed. of course!)



So, in case you somehow missed it, or didn't figure it out, we moved!
We are now residents of sunny, warm Florida- well, the warm, hot, humid part is right, but it rains here almost every.single.day! I'm still trying to get settled, and making our new space "home", so I've been MIA for a few weeks.
But, I'm trying to get back into a routine (and home preschool started this week as well!) so that means it's Wednesday and I get to show you the knitting, yay!


First up, Let's go Apple Picking!
It's a set of small Longies with an apple tree on the butt, and a sweet little Apple hat to go on top of the apple of your eye! These are for sale, so let me know if you are interested, otherwise, hopefully the Etsy shop will be up and running soon (all I need now is a certain baby to nap for longer than 10 minutes and to stop attempting to chew yarn while nursing.........)


Next- Fraggles!



This is my Fraggle Hat for part of my package in the Muppet Swap I'm in on Ravelry! I'm having so much fun knitting Muppet stuff and finding cute surprises to spoil me swapee!!!! Can't wait!
Versatility:

This one will be around for awhile, I'm sure so I hope you don't get tired of it! It's Versatility from Knitty.com and I'm knitting it out of Malabrigo Chunky, Velvet Grapes. Looooooovvvvveeee this colors, the pattern and the yarn! I'm learning so much knitting this- Cables, Bobbles and tons more goodies! I only get to knit this when all is quiet and I can concentrate, so generally just a few rows get done at a time, but they are so much fun and I can't wait to see it all done.


The Sweetness!:

This is one of my current favorite knits- it still needs buttons (that I need to go buy of course!) and the ends need to be weaved in, but I am in love with this little sweater! It's a Baby Sophisticate, knit in Spud and Chloe (only my absolute favorite yarn at the moment!!!!), Chipmunk! Soooooooo soft and snuggly! Love love love the sweater, the pattern and the yarn!

Pumpkin Hat:


I just CO this last night, while sipping my Soy Pumpkin Spice Latte- it's fall already! Can you believe it? This is a little pumpkin hat, in, you guessed it- Spud and Chloe!

And I leave you with my newest adventure- attempts at dying yarn! I needed a very specific shade for a very specific purpose, so this is what I have hanging on my screened in porch at the moment (and a side-note, a screened in porch is a MUST! It provides many hours of confined amusement for children who love to do "art" while the momma can sit inside with the baby, knit, nurse and drink coffee, and there might be a little TV watching, but I'm not confirming that!)

No comments: