Wednesday, September 7, 2016

~Yarn Along: Complete Comfort





~Yarn Along: Fall is one of my favorite times of the year, Sweater Weather, it just sums it all up for me (not that there is any great need of sweaters here in the hot, hot desert!), but just the thought of your favorite, cozy sweater, a steaming mug of Pumpkin Spice Coffee, the scents of pumpkin, apple goodness wafting through the air.....crunching, rustling leaves, the brilliant displays of the autumn foliage- Fall.
In between work deadlines, and some other top-secret things, I've managed to actually cast on for my Dockside Cardigan during the "Just for Fun" KAL I'm hosting in my Ravelry group. This was just one evening of knitting, and I'm looking forward to picking it back up very soon! I've been making a very deliberate effort to squeeze in some downtime, and even if it just is a row or 2 a day, some non-work knitting to keep me happy and balanced. I even managed to finish my Edith's Secret Shawl that way, and I am so happy with the finished item.
Speaking of comfort, Rachel Herron's "The Darling Songbirds" book series is just that- comfort and darling all wrapped into one! I had forgotten that I had pre-ordered this book for my Kindle and I was absolutely delighted to find it on there the other day. I haven't had much time for reading this past week, but I'm hoping to fix that very soon. If you haven't checked out Rachel's work, you definitely should! I haven't read anything of hers that I didn't like, and these haven't disappointed either.

What are you reading and knitting this week?

~Jessica

2 comments:

doe said...

Swan's Island has beautiful yarn and the color you chose for your sweater is gorgeous. So warm and deep. is it winterberry or garnet? I just looked at the Dockside pattern. It's nice. I've been working on little things . . napkins and socks :) I did start a sweater at the beginning of the summer but it's been neglected. I'll have to try to fix that :) Nice seeing what you're up to!

Doula Mommy said...

Dorina, it's Garnet, such a pretty and rich red. If you'd like to join the KAL, you'd be more than welcome, and we are very encouraging! Best of luck working on your napkins and socks, I love having sock in my bag.