~Yarn Along: I think that it is just one of those seasons, you know the one where you have these really grand plans, and things that you want to do for yourself, and then you just end the day in an exhausted heap on the couch, fall asleep, oversleep, jump out of bed, and do it all again? Maybe that's just fall, or the end of summer, but whatever you want to call it, that's where I am. I have a nice collection of "just for fun", and even a more thought-provoking, "for work" book sitting on my counter and all I've managed to do is move them from one spot, to another spot (you know, cleaning?) and wishing for time to open them and read something other than school books. Oh well, I'm sure that everything will be adjusted and find the rhythm in the new routine soon and that will be possible, until that time, I'll find just a bit of comfort in my knitting. This week, I've been reading August Ceasar's World with the older children during part of our History lessons. This book has been a surprising read- it isn't too dry, or boring, and I've actually learned some really interesting things. Underneath, you can catch just a glimpse of my new homeschooling planner, I LOVE it! I went a little overboard with the stickers this week, but that's what happens when you are lesson planning on a Friday night, and you have reached the point of "I just can't take it anymore", STICKERS! They make everything happy. In my cleaning spree, I managed to uncover some WIPS that I'd forgotten, or that I just let get sidetracked due to work, so I've decided to do something about that. I've been knitting on and off on this shawl, it's the Edith's Secret Shawl, and is knit in some gorgeous Lorna's Laces yarn. It's been a nice knit to have when I've reached the point of the evening where I am just done working and need something comforting to turn to, it's also been a nice piece to work on when school lessons have reached the point of being just a bit much, or a nice little happy to look over and notice in the midst of a particularly more draining English class than normal. Garter stitch, happy colors, soft yarn, I'll take every little bit of comfort I can find during my day! What are you reading and knitting this week?
~Jessica

1 comment:
beautiful yarn you are working with!! I have socks and two shawls on the needles but I was super busy this week and barely did a row. So today is the day to get back to what I love :)
Post a Comment