Wednesday, July 27, 2016

~Yarn Along (What was I thinking?)




I am definitely having a "What was I thinking" kind of week. I did find a planner that I am hoping will work for us this year (it is quite the leap to take on Homeschooling 4 kids, and a tag-along tot, I will have 3 in the Family cycle, but they will be doing different English and Math for their grade level, and I full-time Kindergartener that will need to be very hands-on!), and I'll share more about that later! This week I've been trying to get everything ready so that we have an easier start to the year, but that means that I'm cramming in some study time for early Roman History- fun stuff, right? At least I've found a little bit of time to pick back up The Silkworm, it's not that it's a bad book, or a hard read, it's just time.....there hasn't been a lot of that to go around lately! I did manage to get in a few chapters this weekend, and I'm hoping to have it finished soon because I really want to know how this case ends.
I actually have a lot more knitting than this going on right now, but a lot of it is secret stuff that I can't share....Bummer! But, I did manage to knit the heel flap on my new sock, but I think I made a mistake on the gusset and will need to rip back quite a bit, completely my fault, and I think if I wasn't so tired I would have figured it out sooner and not had a problem. I'm going to put this sock on some spare yarn, and CO the second sock, which I am knitting in the co-ordinating Striped Yarn and see if I can't figure out what went wrong that way. I may just pull out the entire sock anyways, because the more I look at it, I am not in love with the blue toe, the color is not quite right, and it bugs me....so, silver lining, right? I'm having fun playing with a new design with some Oink! pigments yarn in their special Christmas colors, this one has some different techniques thrown in, so I'm having fun playing with that and figuring out a new shawl design at the same time.
How is your knitting coming along this week? In case you haven't seen me mention it, I'm starting to plan out a little fun KAL for my Dockside Cardigan pattern, it's part of Swans Island's Natural Color Collections that was just released and I'm working out the details and will post it in my Ravelry Group, All in a Day's Fun once I've gotten it all worked out, I hope you decide to join!

Happy Knitting,
~Jessica

No comments: