Welcome back to another week! I am actually working on an additional blog post for this week, with some really exciting (well, at least it was for me!) knitting news and pattern releases. VBS really kept us hopping last week. I'm very thankful that it only lasts till noon, unlike when I teach at Fine Arts Camp, which lasts all day, but for some reason, it feels even more exhausting. Not sure how that happens, but I was super tired every day and found it really hard to get caught up on my work in the afternoon. I managed though, but by Saturday I was exhausted and ended up needing to take some extra time to sleep, and have hopefully avoided the cold that everybody else seems to be slowly getting. The kids were not worn out, of course, and seemed even more energized and high maintenance than normal. We finished up our school curriculum the week before VBS (the Kindergartener actually finished last month and has been doing workbooks and independent learning for the last few weeks!). I decided that we all deserved a break before starting our new curriculum (which is almost all here, I just need to replace a Writing book and decide what Foreign Language we are going to attempt this year, and what program- I've had requests for Latin, Spanish and French!)
This week, I've been reading through the Teacher Guides for our courses for next year. I actually started a book last week, but it's buried under school things right now. This is top priority this week, so that we are hopefully ready to start things off in August! I'm really excited about what this year holds and am so thankful that we started using MFW last year. It has truly made a difference in our homeschooling and it is so helpful with a large family that it caters to teaching them altogether and then breaking down the assignments by grade level/ability. I only wish that I had the extra money to buy the new Preschool Curriculum (and the extra two hours in my day to give it the time that it deserves! My toddler would love that!). I managed to get in some knitting time on my Call me Heisenberg sock- the funny thing about this sock is that I only knit on it while riding in the car, in waiting rooms, or anytime that I am sitting still somewhere listening. That's it! I started it at the end of May while waiting for my flight to TNNA and I am already knitting the foot. I love the colors, and the simplicity of the pattern (Vanilla Latte socks), and can't wait to get this pair off the needles and another one started. What are you knitting and reading this week? Don't forget to link up with Ginny over at Small Things!
~Jessica
No comments:
Post a Comment