Wednesday, June 23, 2010

No Lions, Tigers, but A BEAR! Oh my!!!!



This amazing pattern caught my eye the first time I saw it on the Spud and Chloe blog! I fell immediately in love with the Giant Polar Bear and could not wait until the patterns release, which lucky for me, was in January, just in time for my birthday! Fortunately, for me as well, Dancing Ewe Yarns and Teas decided to hold a fantastic sale at that time as I,unfortunately, though, they were sold out of the Spud and Chloe Outer yarn in Soapstone, and a polar bear can only be one color- white, right? Well, I was determined to have a polar bear, and decided that I might as well start with the Middle Bear, which is knit in the Sweater weight yarn- Ice Cream.

I love this bear! My children LOVE this bear! He is soft, cuddly and the perfect size for them to all cuddle.

Three Brr Bears is one of my favorite Susan B. Anderson patterns, to date! It's incredibly creative, in that with this one pattern, you can knit three different-sized bears, a small bear, a middle bear, and a really big bear, all in three different yarn weights- fine, sweater or outer. The pieces are knit seperately, in the round!, and then stitched together to make the final bear. I chose to stuff mine with Organic Bamboo, since he is knit with on organic yarn, I wanted to keep with the natural theme.

The pattern is easy to follow and is well-written. The end result just can't be beat! I am definitely looking forward to making some more bear friends to join in the fun, eventually!

No comments: