Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's the Simple Things

In life, it really is the simple things that come to mean the most.


Photobucket


I got a sweet homemade package from my dear friend from Mississippi the other day. I was having a particularly rough afternoon- full of hate mail and bashing- and I decided to walk to the mailbox to clear my head. What a surprise to find a package stuffed with goodies, made just for me. And so very simple. Who knew that a burp rag with some Jungle Animals and yours son's name monogrammed on it could make one cry, but it sure did. Part of it was from the overwhelming joy and thankfulness for a sweet friend that listens to my heart and knows me. The other part was from just the thoughtfulness- it had his name on it! And my little bag had my initial on it! Someone made something JUST FOR ME, and JUST BECAUSE! There was no expectation, no occassion (although the card did say Happy Mother's Day!) and she had no expectations in return, what a novel idea. And the other part of the tears was from longing- a longing to return to my "Southern Roots" and Southern Hospitality. There's a slower, more thoughtful, more aware way of life that I'm missing. I'm slowly finding bits and pieces of it within my AP Community and I'm looking forward to being able to see more of it when we move across the water to the Beach next month. And it also birthed a desire in me to drop "Random Acts of Kindness" into the lives of My Community. So, a sweet little package for a sweet baby girl, who decided to be born a few weeks early, is on it's way to a dear online friend. I had an AHA moment that the skirty/longies set I made for my baby was not going to work on a boy, and that in my heart, I really had knit this for this particular friend. And I'm so thankful to share a bit of Southern Hospitality and love with her (and I'm NOT expecting a thank you gift or card in return! Not necessary at all- I know first-hand how busy life with three kidlets is and would never impose that on anyone!) Simply Enjoy the gift and I'm going to enjoy looking for the next person to send some "sunshine in the mail" to, this is fun!

Photobucket

No comments: