I'm not totally sure what the deal is- if it's just my incredible lack of sleep between the toddler and the newborn, the nursing demans of the toddler that are starting to drive me batty, or just an overwhelming feeling of defeat in trying to juggle three kids, make them all happy and keep the TV wathing at a minimum, but whatever it is, I've got this overwhelming feeling of "not belonging" and I just can't shake it.
When we came back to VA last year, it was supposed to be a happy time. We were moving back to be closer to friends, Mike was going to be making more money, we were going to house hunt until we found the right one, we were looking forward to being back at our church and having church friends to hang out with, and I was going to go back to school. HAHAHA.
The "friends" we moved back for, and the AP Group that I thought I couldn't live without, well, let's just say life's been better without them! It's been great not being gossipped about, or having my kids beat up by another kid everytime we go to a playdate. Lonely, but at least my kids are happy, and not sporting bite marks or other injuries from unruly children!
Making more money- well it's true that Mike's salary was greatly increased, the cost of living here also GREATLY increased! Even though the salary was smaller in MS, it went further and we had more money for extra things, without feeling guilty or having to budget it. Now, not so much! I can't just casually slip a new diaper or sling through the paypal- and this I know for sure, my new Beco Butterfly is great proof.......also, I'm not working here, which I was and could in MS- with the perfect set-up, a magazine job I could do from home, and the two days I needed to go out and work for a few hours, I had an awesome nanny that the kids loved and I could afford.
Houses- back to the it sucks to live in VA point! Houses here are overpriced, in the ghetto or just not worth it all together. Plus, we don't want to buy a house that we will never sell, meaning we are stuck here FOREVER!
Church- that's a mess in and of itself right now, and it's not the church we had come to know and love. Not to mention that I'm wondering why I bother going to Bible Study. We didn't make it for like three weeks in a row, and nobody seemed to notice. I had a baby, and a small handful of people seemed to care enough to bring food, or just be there in general. It was tough and was some rough waters for me to tread. I had mastistis twice in the first couple of weeks, the first time was so bad I was literally stuck in bed for about three days, which doesn't work well when you have two other kids and a husband that need food! Nobody ever calls me, wants to hang out,or really says much more to me than to ask about the baby and if they can hold him. I'm really just done with it all, and as my husband says, the church we visited maybe twice in MS, does more for us in asking how we are, how they can pray for us, and the couple we met there stays more involved in our lives (Thanks facebook and email!) than most people that live down the street from us.
Going back to school- well, I've been told that it's fate that once you start "birth work" that you wind up pregnant, and I think that was true for me! I must have gotten pregnant the moment I hit the send button to purchase my Doula course, and by the time the books for my CBE arrived, I was heaving with morning sickness, leaving the books untouched for probably a good month. Then it was a scurry to get as much done as I could before I had three distractions instead of two. Needless to say, it's been a tough going, but well worth it. I'm just ready to be a little more settled and secure.
Maybe it is just a lack of sleep, but I'm really just feeling the Blahs and not sure what to do to get out of it. My marriage is great- better than it was a year ago that's for sure! My kids are awesome- most of the time, just don't ask about sleeping through the night, potty training or the toddler's nursing and everything is pretty A-OK! But outside of that, I'm really just not sure. I'd really love some friends that I can count on, that are close by and that "get" me, rather than seriously doubting all the "different" things I seem to be doing these days- you know, babywearing, homebirthing, cloth diapering oh, and let's not forget the big one, Tandem nursing!
2 comments:
I'm sorry it's so frustrating for you right now. I hope you find your community soon. ((hugs))
I'm not near you, but if you are in the need of a penpal who gets you you can email me. I am Stacey, sahm of 4 kids aged 10, 6, 3, and 1. my email is luv2knit@roadrunner.com oh, on the friend front, i have none due to crap of other people. I stay home take care of my family, and knit and quilt. nice to meet you!! I know all about nursing and no sleep, i am not tandem nursing, but a 14 month old nursing is starting to get family talking. anywhoo, nice to meet you
Post a Comment