Monday, October 6, 2008

Potty Learning Maybe?

So, in the last few days, Micah has really become increasingly interested in the potty, wearing underwear, and actually going potty! I woke up this morning to Lilly Grace yelling that Brother was taking off his diaper, so I wobbled my pregnant self to find him in their room, sans diaper, donning his underwear and running out the door singing, Pot Pot (his word for potty!). He proceeded to the bathroom, where daddy put him on the potty and he "did his thing." And now, three Thomas Stickers later, he has been on a roll. He did ask for a diaper when he wanted to poop, which Mommy only put two and two together after the fact! So, who knows, maybe I won't have two little ones in diapers again- Hallelujah!- and then again, maybe I will, but isn't that what makes it all so much fun? They are both such different children, with amazing little minds of their own.
Micah has been a very adament nurser lately as well. I keep asking him why he wants to nurse so much, and he looks at me, and grins and says "Cookie!" all the while laughing at me like, Mom, don't you know, your milk is like a cookie to me! Most days, it's ok, but I'm starting to get a little worn out and wonder how he is going to handle sharing his "cookies" in a few months.
Lilly Grace is becoming quite the little helper- helping brother go potty, getting his clothes, picking out her own outfits. She's also becoming quite emotional and our very own drama queen! She doesn't quite understand why brother gets a sticker for going potty, and she doesn't (even though she's been going potty for over a year now!) Usually I just give in because it seems so silly to have her cry over a sticker and there are bigger issues we could tackle!
All in all, they are quite an amusing bunch. And they keep me on my toes. Never a dull moment- never!

No comments: